Thursday, September 23, 2010

Moving Forward


During the WEB 20 class I have learned a great deal.  What I am thinking through now is how to effectively use the tools that I have learned.  Many of the students at my school are not as technology savvy as is assumed and this now gives me the opportunity to support their growth in this area.

I am currently collaborating with a science teacher and we are going to have her students create a blabberize and a paragraph about what a scientist does. I am going to take their work and put it into a photo story to present to the other sections of science.  This is a project I would not have tackled without this class. I know this is just a beginning but it is a start.
A quote from Will Richardson in his book about blogs seems to fit my thinking, “Learning in this environment is about being able to construct, develop, sustain and participate in global networks that render time and place less and less relevant.”
I plan to use Google Reader to keep up with the amount of information that is available and now in an organized fashion, not just all over the place.

I am still in the early stage of how to effectively use blogs and wikis with my students but think this may take the shape of collaboration with several teachers and have students use them to communicate their progress on a 6 week project.   

No comments:

Post a Comment